- Passengers will now be able to complete the whole booking procedure for ANA flights through the airline ticket comparison function on “Google Flights” and purchase tickets using “Book on Google”.
- Compatibility with “Google Flights” further streamlines the booking process for travellers
TOKYO, Japan, and DUBLIN, Ireland, 1 October, 2020 – All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest and 5-Star airline for eight consecutive years now makes it possible to book flights directly through Google. Fully integrated with the company’s “Book on Google”* service, passengers will be able to find ANA flights and book them by using the ticket comparison search platform “Google Flights”**. This capability was made possible by implementing a platform that adheres to New Distribution Capability (NDC)*** guidelines.
Previously, when customers wanted to make a reservation for an ANA flight through “Google Flights”, they would need to enter flight information such as date and destination. After selecting the flight on “Google Flights”, the passenger would be re-directed to ANA’s official website to make a reservation and purchase a ticket. The introduction of the “Book on Google” service streamlines the process and allows for flights to be easily booked through the following steps:
- After conducting a search on “Google Flights”, customers can complete the reservation and purchasing procedure on the “Google Flights” page without going to the official ANA website.
- Travellers can view and purchase seat reservations in advance. This option used to be offered mainly on ANA reservation sites and call centers.
- Once customers log in to their Google accounts, their registered names and contact information will automatically be displayed when filling out travel details. In addition, if the customer has registered their credit card with Google Pay™ their credit card information will also be displayed automatically to allow for a smoother transition from search to reservation to payment process.
This new service leverages the London-based Travelfusion platform, the industry’s leading NDC aggregator. ANA has always worked to make travel more convenient, and will continue to develop its NDC platform in order to make it easier for customers to book international flights.
* Book on Google
“Book on Google” helps complete airline ticket reservations on Google-owned platforms. Currently, users have to move from “Google Flights” to ANA’s official website, but with this launch it will be possible to search, reserve and pay on “Google Flights” without transitioning to the website.
** Google Flights
Please see below URL for details on Google Flights:
*** NDC (New Distribution Capability)
NDC is the latest communication standard established by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to deliver information on airline tickets and their ancillary services. Through platforms that comply with this standard, ANA’s reservation systems are directly linked to those of our external partners. This enables us to obtain a wide range of information, including in-flight services, seats, and the number and size of carry-on baggage, and to purchase optional services, such as paid lounge services, which were limited to purchases by ANA’s official website and some travel agencies. As it is a global industry standard, we will collaborate with various partners around the world.
*There are some restrictions on optional services available for purchase.
*International flight tickets are available through the service. Tickets for domestic flights and/or tickets for domestic and overseas tours are not applicable.
*Google and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC.
Following the “Inspiration of Japan” high quality of service, ANA has been awarded the respected 5-Star rating every year since 2013 from SKYTRAX. ANA is the only Japanese airline to win this prestigious designation seven years in a row. Additionally, ANA has been recognized by Air Transport World as “Airline of the Year” three times in the past 10 years – 2007, 2013 and 2018, becoming one of the few airlines winning this prestigious award for multiple times.
ANA was founded in 1952 with two helicopters and has become the largest airline in Japan, as well as one of the most significant airlines in Asia, operating 77 international routes and 118 domestic routes. ANA offers a unique dual hub model which enables passengers to travel to Tokyo and connect through the two airports in the metropolitan Tokyo, NARITA and HANEDA, to various destinations throughout Japan, and also offers same day connections between various North American, Asian and Chinese cities.
ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999 and has joint venture partnerships with United Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines.