OpenJaw t-Retail Platform powers the new Instants V. for France’s largest Online Travel Agency
28 May 2014 –Dublin, IRELAND — OpenJaw Technologies, a leading online technology partner of the world’s biggest travel brands, today announced that it has partnered with France’s largest Online Travel Agency (OTA), Voyages-sncf.com, to extend its travel retailing strategy. The OpenJaw t-Retail Platform is providing the unique shopping experience, Instants V., which offers the merchandising of leisure activity tickets, along with train journeys. It represents an investment by Voyages-sncf.com in growing a ‘short-break’ market in France, based around events.
Voyages-sncf.com has partnered with several key leisure service providers, most notably France Billet, France’s premier ticketing agency. The OpenJaw t-Retail Platform connects leisure activity inventory with curated content and provides the merchandising intelligence to build the final product offering.
Key features of Instants V.:
- A carousel of rich content including images, videos, and information. It facilitates an inspirational browsing experience for events, across five categories: Concerts and Shows; Sports; Festivals; Museums and Exhibitions; and Theme Parks.
- Powerful search capabilities including: by event, by event type, and by location.
- Cross-sell and dynamic packaging of train journeys with event tickets in a single transaction.
- The same sophisticated train ticket purchase experience as SNCF, including: four train fare options, search by time, select ‘earlier/later’ trains, and select routes.
- Train inventory and pricing are delivered in real-time for accuracy and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- A range of innovative fulfilment options including: email delivery and pick up in a partner store, train station or FNAC.
- Social sharing is made possible via integration with Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
Instants V. takes a seamless, omni-channel approach to retailing and is currently available across web and Contact Centre. Future plans will see Instants V. delivered on mobile.
“Large travel companies, such as Voyages-sncf.com, no longer consider themselves just as travel service providers ,but are embracing the travel retailing model which puts the customer at the heart of online success, “ said Kieron Branagan, CEO, OpenJaw. “By enabling seamless shopping within an inspirational environment, the t-Retail Platform is helping innovators like Voyages-sncf.com differentiate their offer and strengthen their competitive advantage.”
Instants V. is now live and available at http://spectacles.voyages-sncf.com/.
With sales revenues of €3.6 billion in 2012 and 68 million tickets sold, Voyages-sncf.com ranks as the number one e-commerce site in France.
OpenJaw is the leading online technology partner of the world’s biggest travel brands.
Guided by the OpenJaw four principles of t-Retailing, and leveraging the power of the dynamic travel retailing platform, the t-Retail Platform, OpenJaw is dedicated to helping airlines, and other large travel companies, to become travel retailing innovators.
The OpenJaw customer portfolio includes: British Airways, TravelSky, Aeroplan, AIRMILES, Four Seasons, voyages-sncf.com, and Viajes El Corte Ingles.
Founded in 2002, OpenJaw is headquartered in Dublin (Ireland), and has offices in Galway (Ireland), Madrid (Spain), Krakow (Poland) and representation in Moscow (Russia).